The Ministries of our Church
Adventist Community Services (ACS) is a humanitarian agency of the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church across America and in Bermuda. ACS meets people’s immediate needs through social services such as tutoring and mentoring programs, Youth Volunteer Corps, health screening education and assistance, elder care, inner city missions, disaster response, and other programs.
Want to be involved? You can join one of the existing ministries or start one of your own!
Are you interested in receiving disaster response training? Training in the areas of materials management, crisis counseling, forklift and chainsaw operation are offered periodically. For more information about Adventist Community Services or ACS training options click here.
Some of the ministries of our local ACS:
- provide bedding to fire victims
- help support local food pantry
- sponsor Free Quilt & Craft Times
- help seniors and others with yard work
- assemble Bags of Love for displaced children
- collect food and personal care items for area homeless shelters
- promote community service at annual Wisconsin Seventh-day Adventist camp meeting (Bible camp)
More about Quilt and Craft Time
Below: various sizes of small pillows were sewn in a work bee and distributed to an area hospital and care centers.